Sunday 5 January 2014

2013 WHAT A YEAR!!

Some scores on the doors to tidy up the various lists etc.
2013 proved to be an awesome birding year and one of those years that will be looked back on as historic or you could say epic!.
The year prior (2012) saw my British list move up by zero, yes! a tick free year.
But then came 2013 and the BOOM!! was heard, text, tweeted 7 times.
7 lifers if all get accepted etc etc!

British List
PINE GROSBEAK
DUSKY THRUSH
PACIFIC SWIFT
THICK BILLED WARBLER
CAPE MAY WARBLER
BAIKAL TEAL

British+Ireland/WesternPal
WILSON'S WARBLER

Year List wise I ended up with 279 (non bou)

Patch (Marbury CP/Neumann's Flashes) a very respectable 143 tied 1st.


A good battle all year with Greg and Malc.

I've also started putting all my records onto the BTO Birdtrack website that just happens to run a couple of league tables so guess what..


BOU of course, gonna try for 300 in 2014 BOU (we'll see?)

A great year and hopefully more of the same in 2014 as the predicted weather systems just keep on coming.

My #Patchbirding challenge for this year will involve a year long stomp around the Flashes and just the Flashes (Neumann's and Ashton's) something that no one has done before (that I know of).
Like I do I've created another blog just for this campaign...


See you on the patch dudes! 


TTFN